The Holyrood Art Pottery was established by Henry Wyse at Bristo St, Edinburgh in
1917. Wyse was an art teacher with broad interests in furniture design and the graphic
art in general, including ceramics. The Pottery appears to have functioned as a workshop
and community pottery, selling ceramic supplies and offering firing services - as
much an extension of Wyse's broad artistic interests as a commercial business. The
venture proved uneconomic and closed in 1927. The wares of the Pottery included ceramic
jewelery, tableware, domestic fancy ware (table accessories, candleholders, smokers'
ware etc) and ornamental pottery. The ceramic jewelry was marketed as 'Waverley Ware'
and included ceramic gemstones, buttons, beads, and he like. The domestic and ornamental
ware were sold as ‘Holyrood Ware' and are marked with the name 'Holyrood'.