The Mortlake Pottery was established by George Cox at Upper Richmond Rd, Mortlake,
London, in about 1910. Cox moved to the United States in 1914 and the Pottery presumably
closed at this time. The Mortlake Pottery made large ornamental wares inspired by
early Chinese styles and decorated with attractive mainly monochrome glazes. Cox
had studied at the Royal College of Art and was well connected in the art world where
his work was well regarded.
© Mike Perry 2011